Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm here!


Welcome to my world and thanks for welcoming me to yours. My name's Greta Duzzett. I can do anything. I can do it all. That's my motto. Maybe you should make it yours. It's all about staying positive, being encouraging, and doing amazing things.

My first book Go, Go, Greta (written by Dana Satterwhite and illustrated by Joseph Watson) is now available. It's the first time for any of us to step into the children's book arena, and we're self-publishing (for now) so please be forgiving if it's not perfect. It will get there. I have all the confidence in the world, in me, in them, and in you. Also, for now there is no ISBN associated with my book. There may be soon. We're still deliberating, honing, crafting. In the meantime, the best (and only) way to buy it is through the creators. Now, I'm off on another adventure. Let's see what the day brings.

Oh yeah! I'll be making my debut this evening at the Joseph Watson Collection in The Arts Factory and Blackbird Studios during First Friday in downtown Las Vegas. Wasn't sure how things were going to come together but they're looking pretty good. Books, buttons, stickers, t-shirts will be available for purchase individually or as a package. Shirts and books will be available in limited quantities. I'm cute but I'm not all that popular (yet). I mean, seriously. You guys have never even met me before. Wanted to gauge everyone's level of interest, so we did a short run on those items. Finally, there will be coloring pages and hand stamps for the kids. If you're a kid at heart, you can have some of those too.

Thanks for checking me out and special thanks to all the amazing folks over at Opportunity Village who created the buttons with me on them. That really is a special place and they do so much good for this community.

Maybe we'll see you tonight. Otherwise, next First Friday we'll be all over it!

4 comments:

  1. hi greta. i don't know you. but i love you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Greta and I cannot wait to have her in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting and the beginning of a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Go Greta is an fabulous expression of confidence that every child will want to read!! I bought this book for a friend's classroom and one for each of my nieces!! Everyone LOVES it! It's a definite 2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete